FAA Part 107 Certified Commercial Drone Pilots/Cinematographer
Our team consists of Part 107 certified commercial sUAS drone pilots and experienced visual observers (also Part 107 certified). Our primary pilot who began flying in 2016 has hundreds of hours of experience and a background in filmmaking and cinematography.
We can provide you with beautiful aerial footage to enhance the production quality of any independent movie/music video or art project. L’ORAGE sUAS Drone imagery was involved in: The Fifth Borough (2017), Sweet Soul in Exile (2018), A Castle in Brooklyn – King Arthur (2019), Morning Mourning (2020), PSA – The Time is Now – (2022) and others
We are trusted and have received permits from government agencies like the Kentucky, New Jersey and Connecticut State Parks that allowed us to proceed with flight missions related to our work.
L’ORAGE sUAS Drone Imagery performs aerial inspection missions for construction safety mitigation or restoration. (images available on request) We can also do tower inspections and most other aerial related jobs.
WHY HIRE AN FAA CERTIFIED PART 107 COMMERCIAL sUAS PILOT?
1. Legal Liability – Did you know that you risk being fined should you use aerial footage that is not provided by an FAA Certified Part 107 Commercial sUAS pilot for your commercial or promotional purposes? The FAA is cracking down. Unless aerial footage or photography is created by an FAA Part 107 Certified Drone Pilot with an FAA registered drone you can run into trouble and face fines.
2.Safety–With experienced sUAS pilots trained in safety and situational awareness protocols, your risks are minimal.
3. Expense – Drones and accessories are expensive and require upkeep consisting of technical care, updates, repair and skill maintenance. Hiring an experienced Part 107 certified Drone Pilot/Cinematographer is the efficient and professional way to complete your project with the best production value and the least stress and cost.
4. Production Quality – We film in 6K, 4K, HD and other formats and most frames rates and can film in LOG if requested.
5. Time – Even with the new technology that drones are equipped with, a background in production work coupled with photography/cinematography experience that our trained drone pilot/cinematographers have, makes life easier for your team. * Our team consists of experienced, licensed Part 107 Certified Drone pilots and Visual Observers (VO’s).
6. On the Spot Insurance – We are insured and we can opt to insure you during our operations as a certificate holder, with liability limits up to $10 million underwritten by Global Aerospace, Inc.
Autel Evo II Pro – With a 6K capacity, the EVO II Pro’s advanced camera includes an adjustable aperture range of f2.8 to f11 and a maximum ISO of 12,800 enabling the photographer to produce images of exceptional precision and sharpness. The 10-bit camera allows the EVO II Pro to record up to 1 billion colors. The EVO II Pro retains rich detail in shadows and highlights, allowing greater flexibility in post-production. Designed for shooting in low-light conditions, the hyper-light feature provides 2D and 3D noise reduction, smoothing motion blur and reducing noise. Equipped with 19 groups of sensors — including 12 visual sensors, the main camera, ultrasound, and dual IMUs — the EVO II Pro can easily build three-dimensional maps and plan paths through complex terrain in real time. Flys up to 36 min. Maximum wind resistance.
DJI AIR 2S – Small but mighty…thanks to the Air 2S’s 3-axis gimble, four remote antennae, and OcuSync 3.0 technology, you can receive a stable, live view from the drone up to 7.5 miles away. It’s a great production asset thanks to the gimbal’s 1″ CMOS sensor and 22mm wide-angle lens that’s capable of 20MP stills and up to 5.4K Ultra HD videos. As you fly, obstacle avoidance, return-to-home, and DJI’s AirSense work to keep the Air 2S, bystanders, and other objects safe.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian – A classic and favorite, the Phantom 4 Pro uses a camera lens optimized for aerial imaging, with an aperture range from F2.8 to F11 and a 24mm equivalent focal length. It’s equipped with a mechanical shutter and adjustable aperture range, with auto focus support. It is able to record UHD 4K (4096X2160) at 60fps, at a maximum bitrate of 100Mbps using the H.264 codec and also supports H.265. It also allows you to capture still images while filming. The Phantom 4 Pro uses a dual-signal Lightbridge video transmission system. It has a transmission distance of up to 4.3mi (7km) (Unobstructed, free of interference, FCC compliant). Users can also switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz control frequencies to cut through interference.
Autel EVO Nano Plus, a Category 1 drone that features a foldable and compact body weighing only 249g with Obstacle Sensing in 3 Directions. This drone is excellent for lowlight and for missions that require flight near or over people. The front and rear sport a pair of vision sensors meaning the drone can ‘see’ forward, downward and backward – to around 8m (over 25ft), a 1/1.28-inch(0.8-inch) CMOS sensor for 50MP photos. An RYYB color filter array design with a large aperture of f/1.9 offers superior noise reduction capabilities and the power to effortlessly produce quality images in low-light conditions. It can fly for up to 25 minutes and endure Level 5 wind gusts. Video resolutions: 3840×2160 p30/25/24, 2720×1528 p30/25/24, 1920×1080 p60/50/48/30/25/24.
* All drones are equipped with FAA part 107 compliant anti collision strobe lights for day and night missions. * HDMI capability for viewing on monitor as we fly. * Our prices are reasonable and we apply for waivers if required. (Some areas require waivers or authorization) * You receive your footage in less than 3 days after the mission (editing is an additional charge). * Passport and Drivers license for International travel.